share this page !

search

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

the on-going exams are f**ing killing me!


I'm in sem-5 computer engineering right now and these f**ing exams are killing me. Also got DSF, ADC and OS kts to clear. IF you are having these subjects then I would advise joining classes for adc and dsf, it helped me a lot I at least can write the programs that too without byhearting but by logical understanding and plus they cover good 60 marks in the theory paper. Next paper is CN on 9th and its so F**ing boring I like these networks and stuff but studying about it is still putting be to sleep - as in seriously sleep, I keep trying not think that way, can't help it. The syllabus is just dead and full of non-sense. Why the F*** would anyone who wants to learn or study about NETWORKING by-heart what a hub, switch or router is?? I can just use google or open any of the 100 books and read about it as and when I need it. The same would go for all subjects - dbms, dsf, you name it .. think about it : if you're to create a Database in SQL or ORACLE when you get your job why would they ask you to do it without using books, internet or someone else's help infact in companies today group work is all that matters and still we had a practical exam where we had to make a database to enter names, age etc and the db stores it then use some other code to retrieve it then show it to the external who most probably hates his/her job and has no idea about any coding. 

The best reform in this system would be to increase the difficulty level a bit and let the students use the internet on spot during practical exams and come up with the databases or programs instead of byhearting ASP, like 2 of my frnds who had no idea about ASP where busy byhearting the code, one fellow was even trying to remember the capitalization in the code(as in wht keywords r to b in caps) he stopped only when I told him that ASP doesn't care abt caps and was very relieved. The same guy had also called to ask how-to-unzip-a-zipped(winrar) file later that day.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

 

Mumbai University Engineering. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com